Tools and widgets for using/creating auto-complete selection widgets using Django and jQuery UI.
- Works with the latest jQuery UI Autocomplete library
- Auto-discovery/registration pattern for defining lookups
Begining with version django-selectable version 0.6, Django 1.2 is no longer supported. While it may continue to work, bugs related to Django 1.2 support will not be fixed.
pip install django-selectable
Next add selectable to your INSTALLED_APPS to include the related css/js:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( 'contrib.staticfiles', # Other apps here 'selectable', )
The jQuery and jQuery UI libraries are not included in the distribution but must be included in your templates. See the example project for an example using these libraries from the Google CDN.
Once installed you should add the urls to your root url patterns:
urlpatterns = patterns('', # Other patterns go here (r'^selectable/', include('selectable.urls')), )
You can find additional help or support on the mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/django-selectable
If you think you’ve found a bug or are interested in contributing to this project check out our contributing guide.
If you are interested in translating django-selectable into your native language you can join the Transifex project.
- Getting Started
- Defining Lookups
- Advanced Usage
- Admin Integration
- Release Notes
- v0.7.0 (Released TBD)
- v0.6.2 (Released 2012-11-07)
- v0.6.1 (Released 2012-10-13)
- v0.6.0 (Released 2012-10-09)
- v0.5.2 (Released 2012-06-27)
- v0.5.1 (Released 2012-06-08)
- v0.4.2 (Released 2012-06-08)
- v0.5.0 (Released 2012-06-02)
- v0.4.1 (Released 2012-03-11)
- v0.4.0 (Released 2012-02-25)
- v0.3.1 (Released 2012-02-23)
- v0.3.0 (Released 2012-02-15)
- v0.2.0 (Released 2011-08-13)
- v0.1.2 (Released 2011-05-25)
- v0.1.1 (Release 2011-03-21)
- v0.1 (Released 2011-03-13)